Readers Feedback

Dear friends! Please leave your feedback here. We gladly accept any opinions regarding our book “Dignity What’s That, Sam?”  Do not hesitate to share with us your critical comments or words of wisdom.  (Please, add your age.)

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Joshua Bagby February 1, 2012 at 12:00 am

I read the manuscript. Parts of it were very touching… I even shed a tear at the end while reading it, so I feel there’s lots of good stuff in there. I like it when people bridge the gap and come to understand each other better.
Joshua Bagby (63)

Aigul Aubanova April 30, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Thank you kindly, Joshua! Your comment has an especially great value because it is the first one.

Patrick Vanegas April 27, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I am the son of Anne-Swan Vanegas. I have read the first 50 chapters of your book, and though at times it is confusing, I’m really starting to like the book. I especially liked chapter 46, Kiss. I look forward to seeing how Andrew’s love life turns out. Contact me if you’d like more feedback.
Patrick Vanegas (15)

Aigul Aubanova April 30, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Dear Patrick, Victor and I do like your comment very much! We are touched by your sincere words and yes, we want more of your feedback while you continue reading and in the end. Yes, please!

Michael Moeller April 30, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I liked it very much – and that is much, coming from a Dane… Danes are not so overflowing with praise as (some) Americans are… I think we have more in common with the more taciturn country people and native Americans who like silence and prefer understatement to exaggeration.

By the way, let me tell me an almost completely irrelevant reason why I like the book. And that is that you have a grown man and a boy who are friends and people´s suspicions are wrong. It is depressing how many films and books there are about child abusers. People hardly dare to be nice to children in fear of being considered child molesters. 50 years ago American films and crime stories found communists everywhere, now they find child molesters and serial killers everywhere.

…This book might be an advantage to be read by parents and children together, in order to discuss some (many) of the things in the book. This is the kind of book that parents should have read before they give it to their children.

Steven Sutton May 4, 2012 at 10:55 am

That was a great thought provoking read. It’s just the right length for adolescents, your target audience I presume. I’d like to keep it a while longer and read it to my 8 year old just to see it she gets any of it.

I really enjoyed it. It’s a great example of what that call a social story at Angelas school and I think it provided me with some more thoughts to help me on my own path. Thanks for leatting me read it.

Bertha P June 5, 2012 at 7:18 am

I couldn’t put the book down.

Breanna June 12, 2012 at 6:04 am

It made me cry. I give it two thumbs up!

Marge Wilson November 29, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Your nephew read this book during Silent Sustained Reading and shared it with me, his teacher, in Dillingham. Several of his classmates read his copy and I bought one, too. I hope the concept of dignity rubs off on the 7th grade boys! It’s a great book.

Victor Dull November 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Thank you for your nice comment. Being a former teacher I hear you loud and clear about 7th grade boys – they need to realize their dignity and you can help them.